In an effort to encourage personal health awareness, ASBAIT is providing on-site biometric screening to each member at no additional cost. So take 10 minutes out of your day and do something good for yourself.
What are preventive health evaluations/biometric screenings?
It’s a comprehensive, 33-panel clinical blood test that identifies:
- Cardiovascular risks (High cholesterol and high blood pressure).
- Liver and kidney disease.
- Blood, bone and muscle disease (including certain types of cancer).
You personal health report will be mailed to your home and also accessible online at: www.myinteractive health.com. It includes your results and explains what they mean. Results can be provided to your primary care physician.
Want to learn more?
Go to www.myinteractivehealth.com, where you can:
- View your online test results, virtual medical record and annual trend analysis.
- Electronically forward your test results to your physician.
- Review the online medical library for information about symptoms, diseases and treatments.
- Participate in online health consultations.
- Work with a personal health coach for weight loss, smoking cessation, cholesterol management, personal fitness and more.
Contact your districts Human Resource or Business Manager for event dates and enrollment instructions. If you are not able to attend an event on-site at your school, you have the option to attend a screening at a walk-in lab, without a doctor visit.
Working~Well Wellness Program
The ASBAIT Working~Well Wellness Program, administered by Edwards Risk Management, takes a holistic approach to health management. The program helps improve your well-being and health including physical, emotional, mental, spiritual, social, and occupational elements, as well as fun to create our own unique Working~Well Program.
How can you participate in your school wellness program?
ASBAIT offers a fall and spring semester wellness campaign. Each district has an appointed wellness coordinator that supplies program information to the staff. Please contact your district’s benefits/human resource department for details on how you may begin participating in the wellness campaigns or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your ASBAIT benefit plan provides preventive care benefits payable at 100% when services are rendered by an in network provider.
Why is preventive care important?
Regular check-ups and testing can help you identify health problems before they start, or early enough for treatment and cure. By getting the right health services, screenings and treatments, you are taking steps that will help you live a longer, healthier life.
- What is covered at 100%? Tests and procedures as mandated by the Affordable Care Act are covered for you at 100%. View a list of covered preventive services at www.healthcare.gov/what-are-my-preventive-care-benefits/.
- What if I want a preventive test not listed at the website above? ASBAIT offers a second wellness benefit. The plan will pay 100% of the first $300 in eligible charges, and 10% thereafter.
Nurse Health Coach
Controlling your condition.
The goal of ASBAIT’s nurse health coaching program is to help you as a member of ASBAIT control chronic conditions. The program will help you set achievable steps and goals to assist you with living a healthy lifestyle.
If you have an ongoing medical condition, you are far from alone. According to a recent study, nearly 50% of Americans have medical conditions of one kind or another. These conditions cause major limitations in daily living for almost 1 out of 10 people. However, by adopting healthy behaviors, such as eating nutritious food, being physically active and avoiding tobacco, you can reduce or eliminate complications associated with your condition.
Participating in the program.
If you are invited to participate in ASBAIT’s nurse health coaching program and you choose to do so, you promptly receive information about the program’s resources and educational opportunities. You may also enroll yourself if you think you might benefit from the program.
Getting the assistant you need.
As a program participant, you will be assigned a personal nurse health coach. Your health coach is a registered nurse who uses motivational techniques to build your self-confidence in managing your condition. He or she also identifies ways you can get and stay healthy.
Specifically your nurse coach will:
- Help you set targets and goals, such as lowering your blood sugar, controlling your blood pressure and reducing your cholesterol.
- Provide information on warning signs and symptoms, and what to do if they occur.
- Help you comply with your physician’s plan of care.
- Provide educational resources specific to your needs.
- Direct you to community resources.
ASBAIT’s nurse health coaching program helps members manage the following conditions:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chronic pain (caused by arthritis or lower back pain)
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
Think you may benefit from the program?
If you think you would benefit from the nurse health coaching program but you have not been contacted, please call 1.855.527.2248.
Taking control of your diabetes is a great step in living a healthy lifestyle. Diabetic Sense is a program that provides personalized support to members and covered dependents with diabetes. The program also helps you save on diabetic testing supplies with convenient home delivery.
When you sign up for Diabetic Sense, you’ll receive the following:
- 24-hour access to certified diabetes educators, including pharmacists and dietitians
- A free glucose meter
- A free diabetes cookbook and management guide
Take action today for a healthier tomorrow!
To register for Diabetic Sense, please call 1.877.852.3512.
Employee Assistance Program
Alliance Work Partners offers you and your family solution-focused counseling, guidance, training, resources and referrals, to help you balance work with life to increase health and well being.
Now you can call the EAP Nurse Lineto talk to a:
- Registered nurse
- Doctoral level psychologists (PhDs)
- Licensed social workers (LCSWs)
- Licensed professional counselors (LPCs)
- Substance abuse professionals (SAPs)
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselors (LCDCs)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFTs)
These professionals will listen and give you professional advice, making sure you get the right care at the right time. Our nurse counselors can connect you to community resources such as support groups, classes and seminars.
The EAP Nurse Line provides guidance and confidential counseling for you and your family for help with:
- Marital and relationship issues
- Substance Abuse
- Emotional health
- Occupational concerns
- Legal concerns
- Financial concerns
You can access all benefits by calling: 1.800.343.3822 or the EAP Teen Line at 1.800.334.TEEN (8336)
Safe Ride Program:
For those moments when calling a cab is the right thing to do, the Safe Ride Program is available- it’s another free and confidential program for you and your family. Alliance Work Partners will reimburse the cost of cab fare (up to 50 miles one way) when you choose to call a cab rather than drive or ride with someone who has had too much to drink. For more details please call AWP’s 24-hour toll-free number: 1.800.343.3822.
For further information or assistance regarding this beneficial program, contact AWP:
- Toll free: 1.800.343.3822
- TDD: 1.800.448.1823
- Email: AM@alliancewp.com
- Create a customized account:
- Visit http://www.alliancewp.com
- Click login at the top right-hand side of the page
- Complete the initial login:
- Email: ASBAITmember
- Password:AWP4me (case sensitive)
- You will be prompted to create your own unique username and password.
Mobile On-site Mammography (MOM)
ASBAIT’s mission is to provide mammography exams to women for early detection of breast cancer. This provides peace of mind regarding your current health status.
Why are mammograms important?
In Arizona, breast cancer is the leading form of cancer among women. It is also the leading cause of death among women age 40-59. An estimated 2,800 women will be diagnosed and 600 women will die of breast cancer in Arizona this year.
Where can I receive a mammogram?
Mobile On-site Mammography (MOM) will come to you! The exam is completed in 15 minutes at each school location, and covered at 100% for ages 35+ who are health plan members. Also, you’ll have no claim to file, as MOM submits the claims directly to ASBAIT.
MOM’s professional staff and latest technology focuses on patients’ personal comfort, safety and privacy. Watch for flyers announcing the date and time that MOM will be on-site at your school. Members may also receive a mammogram at any in-network facility.
Remember, 15 minutes could save your life!
On-site Flu Shot Clinics
ASBAIT’s mission is to protect each individual who is educating Arizona’s children. For this reason, they provide on-site flu vaccination clinic at each school location.
Why should people get vaccinated against the flu?
Influenza is a serious disease that can lead to hospitalization, and sometime even death. Every flu season is different and flu infection can affect people differently. Even healthy people can get very sick from the flu and spread it to others. The flu season in the United States begins in October and can last until late May.
Where can I get a flu shot?
ASBAIT provides on-site flu/immunization clinics at each school. Watch for flyers announcing this on-site event, which will be covered 100% for all ASBAITT members on the health plan. You may also choose to receive a flu shot from an in-network provider. There will be no claim for you to file, as the flu clinic bills ASBAIT directly.